Bram Ruiter (1989, The Netherlands) has been a professional filmmaker since 2011. His main interests lie with craft, demystification, minimalism and realism.
Follow me on Letterboxd, check the gear I use or send me an e-mail via info [at] bramruiter [dot] nl.
Perpetual Spawning won the Milan Machinima Festival Critic's Choice Award
- Catalina (2019, 17') is a black and white short film about the pains of being a freelancer.
- No Service (2018, 11') is an autobiographical exploration of a long distance relationship through text-messages and landscapes.
- Perpetual Spawning (2018, 6') is a time-lapse in real-time.
- Die Labirint (2017, 8') is a diary film about my time in South Africa.
- Making A Girl Read A Letter At An Open Window (2015, 2') details the making of Menno Otten's Framing Vermeer installation.
- Endless Sea (2015, 7') is an experimental machinima about being stuck.
- Super Game Jam (2014, 5x30~40') is a series in which two newly acquainted developers have 48 hours to make a video game.
- Infinite Skies (2011, 11') is an experimental machinima about the afterlife.
- Untitled Self-portrait (2007, 3') is a very early attempt at experimental film shot on a VHS camcorder. I still enjoy this so hence its inclusion.
- 2019 campaign video for the Party of the Animals, division Overijssel.
- Call to action promo for the Board of Water Elections in 2019, via The Post.
- Commercial for the asbestos-project ran by Univé, via The Post.
- Promo for Indigo, Vuur + Vlam's latest theater production.
- Commercial for Arnon Grunberg's latest book being released digitally through Immer, commissioned by Niels 't Hooft.
- Recruitment videos for IN_Architecture and Corpo-real, the interior design department of ArtEZ Zwolle.
- Documentary for Creative Coast Festival 2017 in Karlshamn.
- Corporate documentary for local barbershop IntoHair.
- Crowdfunding trailer for the Earthenware project, commissioned by Atelier van Middendorp.
- Promo for the Panorama Continuüm landscape photograhy exhibition, commissioned by Panorama Mesdag and De Mesdag Collectie.
- Documentary for artist Mattie Schilders about his career and process.
- A wide array of behind-the-scenes videos (this is one of them) for the Moving Mesdag installation, which was directed by Menno Otten. Produced by Samsung, via ConspiracySinc.
- 20 micro-documentaries about Dutch artists for Kunst.nl, via ConspiracySinc.
- Short subject documentary profile of pixel artist Paul Veer, self-commissioned.
- Trailer for De Verdwijners, Niels 't Hooft's third novel, commissioned by Atlas Contact.
- Music video for Pharao's single Ruimtereizen, with Paul Veer.
- Album teaser for SpaceKees' full-length record Ocarina, commissioned by Noah's Ark.
Exhibitions & screenings
- Public Screening of Perpetual Spawning at Milan Machinima Festival 2019.
- An exhibition of Framing Vermeer with my Making Of from May until August 2015 at Prinsenhof Museum Delft, The Netherlands.
- Talk about “Cinematic Systems” at Creative Coast Festival 2015 in Karlshamn, Sweden.
- Screening of Super Game Jam and Q&A at Screenshake 2015 in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Premiere screening of Super Game Jam and Q&A at A Maze 2014 in Berlin, Germany.
- Screening of Super Game Jam at Free To Play 2014 in Antwerp, Belgium.
- On-stage interview at Nederlands Film Festival 2014 in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Screening of Super Game Jam at Fantastic Fest 2014 in Austin, Texas.
Teaching & workshops
- Tutor in editing at Deltion College from October 2018 until March 2019.
- Tutor in film studies at ArtEZ Zwolle, every first semester since 2016.
- 3-day workshop on the basics of filmmaking for Rezzet Zwolle in late 2018.
- Tutor in film studies at Deltion College during the first half of 2018.
Residencies & jobs